WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
How does Census+ catalogue population on merged servers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BambisFaline

WR Updates: 737,765
BambisFaline WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: How does Census+ catalogue population on merged servers? Reply with quote

I ran a census on a merged server. Census+ reported 100 total toons seen.

However, when I checked the individual servers, the numbers did not add up to 100.

Where did the missing population come from?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 28,981,707
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the census is not instant people have time to log in or out. Basically, running a census and then doing a /who on each individual class or trying to manually split /whos will almost always cause a (minor) mismatch.

How big was the difference and judging from your question am I correct in assuming you found more than 100, not less?

If you did not do any extra /whos and your individual parts gave less than 100, there is still one possibility. I can not 100% confirm it, but it is possible the interface has problems with unguilded characters... Because I just completed a census on Darkmoon Faire / Earthen Ring... According to overall data, I saw 242 alliance... however, the individual realms read as follows: Darkmoon Faire: 85, Earthen Ring: 74. That does not add up.

If the root of the discrepancy is there, then it begs the question, whether or not it would be possible / prudent to assign all characters that fail to return a guild to be members of "guild" <unguilded>, <unknown> or something similar.
BambisFaline

WR Updates: 737,765
BambisFaline WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER wrote:
I just completed a census on Darkmoon Faire / Earthen Ring... According to overall data, I saw 242 alliance... however, the individual realms read as follows: Darkmoon Faire: 85, Earthen Ring: 74. That does not add up.

That is what happened. The sums were less than the total.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: