WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Upload page won't accept v6.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizza

WR Updates: 27,048
Arizza WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Upload page won't accept v6.0 Reply with quote

As the title says.

I updated CensusPlus this evening via Curse.
Now the website won't accept my uploads because I don't have the right version.

Thanks!
Arizza

WR Updates: 27,048
Arizza WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited to add a c&p of the error message:

It appears you have submitted data from version 6.0.0 of CensusPlus.
The latest version is 5.0.2. Please download the latest version and rerun CensusPlus. Your data will not be accepted unless submitted using the latest version of CensusPlus.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,182,637
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be patient, the site is currently not as updated as the Addon itself. Relevant people will post information as soon as it is available. Smile Just keep up the good work and collect data. The manual .lua upload has upper size of 10 MB. Most users don't reach it. Wink
Luckyjack

WR Updates: 16,695
Luckyjack WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Was about to post the same bug Reply with quote

I was about to post the same bug till I saw this topic.
Experiencing the same issue, version 6 data on the version 5 site Smile

Will collect automatically and try every now and then to upload.
Gordon

WR Updates: 594,241
Gordon WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem as well, but only half the time between my two WoW/battle.net accounts.

For one account, I get this error message about "using version 6.0.0 when the latest version is 5.0.2, so try again."

But for the second account, the upload works fine and the upload completed pages says that I have used version 5.0.2.

I am not sure why there is a difference when the uploaded data is received/processed between the two accounts since I have the latest version 6.0.0 installed.

I am sure that the reason for the difference is because I am doing stupid or not doing something smart, but in case this behavior may be relevant, I figured I'd add this here.
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,182,637
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckyjack, Gordon, thank you for keeping faith. Keep the eye on the forums and the site's front page. Rollie obviously hasn't finished the site update yet, so we all need patience.

Also, Gordon... depending on your exact circumstances, it might be that you are actually using two different versions of Censusplus... meaning the less upgraded version still matches site and can therefore upload, but misses some data that the 6.0.0 picks up, but can't currently upload.

Also, I am sure you are not stupid, the circumstances are just... unusual for now. Very Happy
Gordon

Gordon WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the upload page to treat both of my accounts the same now, meaning they both result in the "you're using version 6.0.0" message.

I looked at the directories for the two accounts where the upload file is found, and I noticed that one had a more recent "*.bak" file (the one with the version 6 message), while the other had a much older, pre-version 6 "*.bak" file that predated when I updated the addon. But the normal, non-bak file versions had the current date.

I deleted both .bak files, one from each account's directory, and that caused new .bak files to be generated. Now both directories have current dated .back files, and then when I try to upload the files for each of the two accounts, I get the version 6 message for each of the two accounts.

I'm not sure why having an older .bak file would make a difference so that having an older .bak file resulted in a successful upload but a new, post-version 6 .bak file did not upload successfully, but it did.

In the meantime, I'll keep collecting the data and periodically checking to see if they upload successfully. Thanks for the hard work on this informative addon and website.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,131,290
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take a wild stab at this...
CensusPlus addon does not contain or produce .bak or .back files.

Since you mentioned Curse.. I'm going to guess that what you were seeing is an artifact of using the Curse client and its addon settings backup feature. Which is something Warcraftrealms.com has no control over.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,177,020
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game itself does produce .bak files for addons, seemingly randomly. Sometimes I have them, sometimes they're recently updated, other times they're months old. And I use no addon updaters or anything to manage addons at all, so it's just WoW itself doing that I think.
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game doesn't modify addon files.. nor to the best of my knowledge make backups.

Another cause that can create .bak is using an editor to look that the file.. and closing the file with a save.. even though nothing was changed.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the game must make the .bak files, since I have .bak files sitting in my beta install from when the only addons I was running were Swatter and CensusPlus. And I don't run Swatter on live, so unless CensusPlus itself makes .bak files for every addon in my system, it's the game doing it.
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,623,293
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAK files are created...

It seems the are created when the are not present, and then never touched since. I.e. a BAK file is created today, but the date remains for weeks, months, years, if left alone. If I delete it, it will be recreated, next time I start the game..

Very strange..
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh yeah, I'd assumed they updated a bit more often, but checking mine, they all seem to date back to whenever I first insalled the addon (or to when I had a mass clearout of my WTF folder a few years back) Wonder what the purpose of those files even is then, can't be to backup your settings if they never get updated!
Gordon

Gordon WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have no idea what/who is making the Census.lua.bak files that I see next to the Census.lua files in the SavedVariables directory that holds the Census.lua files that I am uploading, but the dates are indeed somewhat interesting and puzzling.

For both of my accounts, those bak files currently still reflect the date that I had deleted the old ones, making it appear that the new bak files were generated right after I had deleted the old ones. But apparently they have not been "updated" or replaced since then, as the modified dates for the bak files are unchanged since then.

In looking at the other lua.bak files for all my other addons in the SavedVariables directory, it appears that all of them reflect when the corresponding addons were first installed. Many of them go back to early 2011 when I first started using addons.

Still, I have no idea why my deleting the bak files for CensusPlus appeared to change the behavior when I upload my data to CensusPlus. Currently, for both my accounts, I see that version 6 message, instead of the way things were before when I was only seeing it for one of them while the other seemed to upload fine without seeing that same version 6 message.

Perhaps the change in behavior that I saw right after I deleted the old bak files was just a coincidence and something else happened right around that same time that I am unaware of.
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the .bak files are being created by the WoW client.. this is something that started not that long ago.. possibly with the Cataclysm XPac. I haven't been able to find any information about this yet... but I can say for sure.. it was poorly thought out.

edit: I take back part of what I said.. apparently it has been in the wow client for a long time... but I have no memory of it with my addons when I was playing the game.

but I still contend.. whoever put the .bak file creation process in place didn't think things through.. and I expect Blizzard has just forgotten about it..
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,623,293
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been in WoW, since I started to play in early TBC...
RedWulf2008

WR Updates: 2,743
RedWulf2008 WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any estimated time for a site update? It's been a few months since we've heard anything and Census+ keeps yelling at me to upload my data. But since it's 6.0, the site won't take it... I've been trying once a week since I got the addon, but nothing yet.
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most recent news is on this thread, but I'm afraid it's not very recent, we're all left waiting for Rollie to get it done Confused Very frustrating for everyone, but really nothing we can do but hope he gets to it soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: