WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Most Wanted page...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikw

WR Updates: 12,840
nikw WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Most Wanted page... Reply with quote

I had a look at the most wanted page last night and spent an hour or so making a character on each of the EU servers, doing a census, then uploading the lot at the end (about 15 hours ago). I've just checked the page again, and it's still showing zero submissions, yet according to the dbstats page, the last submission was about 4 hours ago. Does the page not update itself or did my submission not get processed for some reason?
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,107,008
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most wanted page and general realm stats pages update themselves less often than other pages, I've found; I'm not honestly sure exactly how often, but it usually seems to catch up when the server finishes a big batch of processing submissions, meaning if it processed yours, it could still be busy running through a few hours worth of other people's submissions before it updates the pages.

Also, there are so very many servers on zero submissions at present, that the ones you did may well have updated but just been pushed off the most wanted page by others which are also at zero! It seems from your profile that your last submission has indeed been processed anyway, always good to see someone else joining in the fight against the 0s! Smile
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,075,107
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balgair is correct, those pages tend to take longer to update... at least at point, they followed a roughly 8 hour pattern, but due to EU being ahead by roughly 6 to 8 hours depending on user's location, the wait period was closer to 16 hours, if submission was made very soon after latest update of the pages, because it often took about 8 hours to end the current batch of processed files and then another about 8 for the pages to update.

And on rare occasions, long queues made the processing overrun, which often added yet another 8 hours as the queue was still being worked on when the 8 hour period ended...

Your submissions did process successfully, so no worries there. However, Balgair is correct about the sadly huge number of 0s around. If you want to make a visible impact, try covering the (currently 8 ) Spanish 0s... Wink And whether you census much or little, have a nice day and thank you for the help! Very Happy

EDIT: Removed a couple of smiley errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: