WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Slow website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bacobaar

WR Updates: 680,580
bacobaar WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Slow website Reply with quote

Everyday before i upload my data it takes 1-2 minutes to load the homepage .
After i click the upload button , again , it takes 1-2 minutes to get to the next page .
I have no problems with other websites , i'm always logged in and this began 1-2 weeks ago , anyone else having this problem ?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,795,456
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say anything site specific about before upload... but as for after button press wait... you might want to check the current size of your .lua file... if it is approaching 10 MB, it will be slower to upload (noticeably so compared to a 1 or 2 MB file and you might want to prune / purge the contents after submitting.
piratejenny

WR Updates: 1,187,871
piratejenny WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Slow for me too Reply with quote

It's not just you. I noticed the site was very slow to load around the same time you did, and it still is.
bacobaar

WR Updates: 680,580
bacobaar WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is still very slow and it's only the first three pages : the homepage , the next page where you have to choose between upload and download and the page where you select the census folder , uploading the data itself doesn't take very long .
DolanDuk

WR Updates: 140,143
DolanDuk WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's extremely slow on 2 of my 3 browsers, excluding Opera. Yes, it's only certain pages.
BarbaraJoel

WR Updates: 0
BarbaraJoel WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But It's ok with me and I am using Mozilla.
Kruegar

WR Updates: 501,152
Kruegar WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a network timeout if I ping ctxt.tribalfusion.com. I think this adserver is the problem.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,345,507
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the adserver may be why it works for some and not others then. I seem to have no problems, but I'm a premium member and so don't see ads. Maybe people using Firefox may find it worth trying using the Adblock and Noscript addons? In theory, blocking the problematic ad may make the page load better. Or, if already using them, try disabling them, and perhaps letting it load will make it work.

(Note that I don't recommend blocking ads as a matter of course, since it does help small sites like WCR with their server costs. Whether I actually obey my own advice is another matter entirely *cough* - I did pay for no ads on this one though!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: