WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Lost character history?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jendead

WR Updates: 0
jendead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Lost character history? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone can help because this is about extremely old data. My data used to be on here, but now it's gone... so I know it existed at some point.

My character was Jeni, troll rogue on US-Hyjal (day 1 character, 2004). My guild transferred off Hyjal to Black Dragonflight around April 2006, and a troll hunter took the name Jeni (also shows up in 2006, a few weeks after xfer). The original info (my character) does not show up in a search, but the hunter (not mine) does.

Is my original character data (Jeni, troll rogue, US-Hyjal, 2004 - April 2006) too old and not retrievable? Wanted to see if I could find my leveling history again Smile
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,118,468
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little looking about and verified that my data from that time frame is still there so I am going to say there isn't anything to show that Rollie did any data purging (and I don't remember him mentioning doing any for characters above the minimum display cutoff.)

Then I did some searching for your character... first I found the guild you were in on Black Dragonflight. The guild had been on Hyjal but when Black Dragonflight was opened to provide relief on the overloaded Hyjal they took the oppertunity to execute "Operation: Pansy Stomp". Most of the active members moved to the new server.
Fires of Heaven was first caught on a census run 11Apr06 on the new realm( the day the realm opened.) Jeni was first seen 02Jun06 as a level 60. Which was in the middle of a guild recruitment period.. when they were looking for Druids, Rogues, and Warlocks.

Where did Jeni come from? Further hunting was needed.. Jeni did not start as level 60.. nor was it likely that you leveled so fast that you wouldn't have been caught on a census run. If you weren't seen on Hyjal.. you must have been somewhere else!

Searching for Troll Rogue Jeni on US realms got 5 hits.. a level 80, 3 hits for level 60 (including Black Dragonflight), and a level 53. Tossing out the level 80 who was seen as a level 61 in the same overlapping time frame as the Black Dragon flight Jeni level 60. The Jeni on Stormrage looked possible until I saw that again an overlap of 8 months existed. The Jeni on Balnazzar was leveled hard (53 levels in less then one month).. but stopped short at level 53.. the 7 missing levels should have been caught on someones census run.

Which leaves the Jeni on realm Dark Iron who was last seen two weeks before the Jeni on Black Dragonflight shows up. Do you remember being in the guild Ignoble Syndicate?
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 23,985,785
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Rollie has pruned the database extensively. I am not 100% sure if my recollection is correct... but if it is, the database of today is about 12 to 15 milllion entries smaller than around November, early December 2010. And it had been pruned before at least twice during the time I have been a member here.

On the original topic, I believe Rollie has some fairly extensive offline backups, so the data might still exist on an offline file somewhere, but realistically speaking only Rollie himself could give an extensive answer... and he hasn't really been about much over the past about 8 months except to correct the most severe problems like site crashes, as far as I know.

I am sorry to be a bearer of not so great news. Sad

Sub-optimal Epic Censi signing off for tonight...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: