WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Help me reach 1M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 11,107,008
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News from Rollie:

Quote:
I've just been so completely swamped and had emergency RL afk's due to some family troubles that I haven't had a chance to tinker.

I have tried on more than one occasion to download the PTR client, but the PTR client will not download for me for some reason (keeps crashing). If 4.0.1 comes out tomorrow, then I can always do the update live, it will just cost us a day or so. I will try to DL the PRT client again today and see if I have any luck.

So fingers crossed, we'll have it back pretty soon, phew! Smile
FuxieDK

WR Updates: 2,612,154
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER wrote:
I am afraid that won't cut it... you are still about 30k short - whatever that one unprocessed entry brings you.
it brought almost 9K... But I'm still at 969K.. strange..

Code:
Oct 11, 10 14:28:32 3894 8715 Y

Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your total will update in a while, always noticed that the totals seem to update after a batch of entries has been processed, rather than immediately when the entry was processed. Notice it most when the server's running slow, since sometimes it can take a day or two for my entries to get added to my total, even after they've been processed!
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,083,381
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Balgair, my characters of level 10+ are now submitted for today so they are as up to date as is possible for the time being. Those submissions (2) that have already gone in for today from me cover 20 factions at least twice and two additional ones once each. I am now working my way through "round 3", which might get a few 0 submission factions thrown in, to reduce the number of 0 on the most wanted lists' EU parts.

As for the PTR, I suspect it has already been pulled down, as I can't access it either (the downloader connection timeouts). Makes sense, as the US realms should be coming up in about 3 hours, if I am converting time zones correctly.

I am happy to know that Rollie is still about, but I worry about his choise of words. "Emergency RL afks" sounds rather serious, so in addition to keeping my fingers crossed, I will say another prayer for Rollie and his family.

EDIT:

Seems there were a couple of posts while I was typing. Balgair is indeed right, the total numbers often lag behind... and now that the queue is processing very slowly, the problem is somewhat worse than usually as the "next batch barrier" has not been hit yet.

Last edited by 1974ER on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I'm amazed how much you census, I do about that kinda quantity occasionally but like once a week lol, just can't keep up with that much regularly any more Wink Recently I've only been doing my main server, since it's dawned on me a few of the repgrinds I want to do will be far easier now than in Cataclysm so I'm doing that Wink

Yeah I told Rollie it's probably already down, he says he reckons it should only take a few hours to fix on live anyway, unless anything major's broken that hasn't been spotted yet! And agreed, sounds like he's having some tough times lately, hopefully thoings will improve for him soon.
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, well, as I think I have occasionally mentioned, I currently have neither a job nor a girlfriend, so I tend to have fairly large amounts of (semi-)free time. Especially as long censuses on factions like Argent Dawn's or Silvermoon's Alliance sides allow me to squeeze in results even when I am mostly AFK. On the other hand, censusing ultra small factions like Silvermoon's Horde or Magtheridon's Alliance easily ups the number of factions covered. I can no longer remember exactly, but I think I have on at least one occasion gone through full six of my rounds and a few random 0 submission rea?ms to boot, bringing the daily total to about 130 complete censuses ran in approximately 19 to 21 hours.

As a guesstimate (is that a word?) I would say I probably average over 40 censuses ran per day ever since I started in November 2008... which reminds me... If Rollie successfully updates the addon, I will soon be having my 2nd "Census birthday". Smile

And Fuxie:

If my calculations are correct, you are currently about 21,5K off target with two submissions not processed at all. You cutting it awfully close, if those bring in a lot. Very Happy I am very curious to see how it turns out. Very Happy
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is still insane, though yeah I can see how you do so much, I did the bulk of my censusing when I was single, and also not too much into doing stuff on my main characters Wink But to do as much as you have in 2 years is crazy, I'm just over 5 years now...! Shocked
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

978k is the official number now..

I have ~12K updates uploaded, but not committed.. Don't have time for any more Sad

And of those ~12K, I have no idea how many of those will count.. I only kept a loose track of the "seen" number from each census, so it might be as low as 4k...
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMIT!!!
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balgair wrote:
News from Rollie:

Quote:
I've just been so completely swamped and had emergency RL afk's due to some family troubles that I haven't had a chance to tinker.

I have tried on more than one occasion to download the PTR client, but the PTR client will not download for me for some reason (keeps crashing). If 4.0.1 comes out tomorrow, then I can always do the update live, it will just cost us a day or so. I will try to DL the PRT client again today and see if I have any luck.

So fingers crossed, we'll have it back pretty soon, phew! Smile
Hopefully, he'll add the new races, race-combos and level cap too..

Logically, CP should still be able to search for e.g. a Goblin Rogue, only to have a fat Zero returned, and all whould be joy..
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can hope... but he might opt for just returning the functionality, as Goblins, Worgens and 85 as level cap won't come tomorrow. Also, US realms are still down (I just checked their status page) so timing gets worse by the minute... Sad

Also, even though it might only net you a few hundred more entries, keep the census running on background during your raid too. Maybe not much, but better than nothing, eh?
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974ER wrote:
One can hope... but he might opt for just returning the functionality, as Goblins, Worgens and 85 as level cap won't come tomorrow.
I know.. But it's minor functionality that needs to be added and in theory it will work when cata is released, so we won't have to wait for a new version in release day..

1974ER wrote:
Also, even though it might only net you a few hundred more entries, keep the census running on background during your raid too. Maybe not much, but better than nothing, eh?
I can't.. I have to disable over half of my addons while raiding.. CP is one of the first as it uses a LOT of memory and CPU...
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several hours later... It's now about 01:15 my local time and the servers of EU realms went offline about 15 minutes ago. I have done what I could to plug the 0 census holes... how successful I was, remains to be seen. The queue has barely started on Tuesday. Sad Also, my internet connection is currently glitching, which might have utterly ruined the two last submissions. SadSadSad

US servers are still down and the EU maintenance already got extended to last until 16 Paris time... not looking very good. Sad

EDIT:

Oh, that's weird... for me Censusplus looks like a fairly light addon that has (almost) no impact on my system performance. As for the results of our censuses, I guess we'll find out later today. Very Happy
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CensusPlus uses ~16MB..
Recommendations is no more than 30-40MB AddOns during raids..

Each time CP start and finish a census, my system (don't know about others) gets a half to whole second lag-spike.

So all in all, I can't afford to run CP while raiding.. Sad
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Couple of small ideas, which might help... or not. Try to see, if the size of .lua file has any effect on the usage. I have not made extensive tests, but after occasional glances I would say it might have some impact.

Also, don't forget about the possibility to pause the function. I mean, even during raids, it's not 100% action time.

More on the original topic, your first submission from yesterday is currently being processed. Very Happy
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All uploads except one (only a single census, 2 minutes before server shutdown last night) processed, but numbers not updated yet.

If my math skills are working, I'll end with 991.025 (not counting the very last upload)..

/SIGH
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh so close there! At least you'll get it very soon after the mod is fixed, I guess Wink
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you got close... and after the addon is back on track, you'll probably break 1M within a day, two at max. Very Happy Most likely one, as I am predicting we all will have quite a bit of catching up to do. Some realms that I didn't run census on yesterday have already zeroed out on us. :/ Some zeroes will go away as I still have two unprocessed submissions, but there are already some on the most wanted lists that I know at least I didn't cover.
FuxieDK

FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me?h Sad --> WR Updates: 994,435
1974ER
Epic Censi

1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 hours from working addon -> break 1M barrier for you, I would guess. Very Happy Now we just need a working addon to work with. :/ Also, working WoW would be nice, going to WSG and dying while carrying the horde flag seems to auto-crash the game for me. Sad

Also, sadly, this will most likely turn into one of the weakest census months ever. It's starting to look difficult to even break 300k updates... and despite that, it's fairly likely nobody will bypass me in this month's results. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: