WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Realm transfer question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordbuster1

WR Updates: 0
Mordbuster1 WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Realm transfer question Reply with quote

I transferred realms, and have uploaded several updates since doing so, but I have not been able to claim my character. Since I cannot claim my character, I cannot update the raid progression for my guild (I am the GM). Is there a bug with the database regarding realm transfers? I did look through the forums, but haven't been able to find anything that deals with this problem specifically.

Thanks for any help or advise you can offer.

Mordbuster, Minions of the Horde - Andorhal (Formerly MazX MotH - Mal'Ganis)
DM.
Census Tester

WR Updates: 841,833
DM. WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollie is performing some database changes so all updates have been paused. You may be able to submit data however the database is currently not processing anything. Its actually about 7 days behind schedule atm.

And since the database isn't processing data then you will not be able to claim any characters because its not there yet. And to edit anything about your guild you need to have a character in that guild. So yea.... You can just wait a few days for Rollie to finish off, or maybe find someone in your guild who has a profile here and get them to update the guild info.

Click my sig
Mordbuster1

Mordbuster1 WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the stress that the patch might have caused with the way you collect info for the database and I am willing to be patient. As a a matter of fact, I made 5 uploads at the beginning of November to update my profile and get all of my census data input, so it's not a recent problem that I am asking about. It's been over a month at this point. I figured I should be patient and wait, which is why I didn't post about it until last Friday (nearly 26 days after my last upload).

I don't mind waiting a bit longer, though. Thanks for the reply.
DM.
Census Tester

WR Updates: 841,833
DM. WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it still say UNPROCESSED? Or does it show 0's ? If it shows 0's then you most likely uploaded the wrong file.

Make sure the file you are uploading is:
World of Warcraft/WTF/Accounts/<account>/SavedVariables/CensusPlus.lua

And also make sure you have the latest CensusPlus installed; World of Warcraft is closed; and that you wait until the webpage says that your upload has been recieved. You can try submitting again, but its behind about 10 days now. But have no fear Rollie is here!

Click my sig
Mordbuster1

Mordbuster1 WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2006-11-11 02:03:06 101 334
2006-11-10 01:22:36 319 1121
2006-11-09 16:08:17 157 556

Here is the last three updates that actually contained worthwhile numbers. They were processed, but I stopped uploading because I had a bunch of unprocessed uploads and I thought that if I waited until those were processed, and I could begin to manage the guild information before I started uploading again.

When I query for my character name, it comes up as being in the database. These three are mine, but the lvl 60 UD warrior from Mal'Ganis and Andorhal are the same character viewed before and after my realm transfer.

Quote:
Mordbuster Undead Warrior 60 Andorhal
Mordbuster Undead Warrior 60 Mal'Ganis
Mordbuster Human Warrior 10 Terenas

When I click on my Andorhal character profile, it gives me a comment box only.

Here is the guild link http://www.warcraftrealms.com/guilds/1028086

My character is showing up as in the guild, but I cannot claim him. Which brings me back to my original post.

Please understand that I don't mean to come across as being rude or terse. I'm just trying to understand why I can't claim the character.
Rollie
Site Admin

WR Updates: 480,131
Rollie WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that is a legit problem =)

I made a couple of manual entries to get your character to show, but I didn't know the exact dates for your transfer and guilding.
Mordbuster1

Mordbuster1 WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I appreciate your patience with me. It took me longer to get around to actually explaining myself properly.
xpolockx

WR Updates: 4,158,395
xpolockx WR Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, much <3 for MazX MotH... I miss you guys. Hope everything is well for you on Andorhal... and at least you don't have to deal with the crazy 700+ login queues that we do every night >_<

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms Developers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: