WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The night before onslaught has begun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: The night before onslaught has begun Reply with quote

my home realm has climbed back up from low levels into middle level population between Saturday and Today instead of about 400 Alliance online I am seeing 1300 online.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,844,843
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My realm was so populated it died a few mins before launch and didn't get online till over 2 hours later... sigh :p First census run has taken over 1 hour, and this at 2-3am... think it'll be quite busy for a few days!
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[22:20:47]Census+ Finished Taking data. Found 5035 new characters and saw 17816. Took 4 Hr 14 Min.

Erm... what?? Shocked Shocked Shocked I honestly thought the server cap was around 8-9k, never seen higher than 8.5k on a single census before (my realm is 95% Horde so it'll be most of the online pop), now yeah with people logging in and out while the run progresses it'll go up a bit over the cap but 17k? Wow. And 4 hours for a single run, that is just insane...

Edit: well...

Aug 15, 18 16:34:27 1114 8733 Y

Yeah, if it updated 8.7k and found 1k new, 17k seen isn't that implausible. Yes that upload was (or should be) just the one run, maybe with a few from a partial run in it but basically, just that one 4 hour census. Oh and I forgot to mention the 3.5k queue to even log in...
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,204,147
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also perceive what appears to be a slow down in the servers response to /who requests.
Unfortunately that is something I can not fix.
FuxieDK
Census Taker

WR Updates: 4,841,295
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringoutyourdead wrote:
I also perceive what appears to be a slow down in the servers response to /who requests.
You don't really notice it, but now you say it, I can see it takes 8 sec per request. it used to be 7 to 7,5..

it's not much, but with servers like Draenor, it accumulates into a LOT of time..
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we might be through the worst of the long census times now; I didn't have to queue to get into the server the last two days, which is progress lol, and only got 14k found on my peak-time census run... still insanely high, but LESS high than a few days back Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Census Talks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: