WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Battle for Azeroth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,441,957
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Battle for Azeroth Reply with quote

Next expansion announced, you'll have fun with this one, SIX new (sub) races Razz

Alliance: Void Elf, Dark Iron Dwarf, Lightforged Draenei.
Horde: Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Troll.

Some of those should be already covered by what we learned regarding Hunters and Demon Hunters, ie, if the existing race name is in the new name, it'll pick them up already. Of course, assuming the /who system doesn't change!

Oh, and there's a little matter of an announcement of Classic WoW Very Happy I can tell you the original Censusplus addon works on private realms with only minor edits, so that side shouldn't be too hard, adding support into the website would presumably take a good bit more effort but would be really cool if it was at all possible! You've got tons of time anyway, the announcement was purely "it's coming", no more, so I don't expect it for at least a year, probably a good bit more.
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,175,929
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made this a sticky thread.
A request to all and any, If you see any notices of new expansion specifics, please post them with source URL (if any) to this thread.
The sooner I have the needed information the more likely CensusPlus V8.0 will be ready on or shortly after BfA goes live.

Expect to see screenshots of possible addon window modifications to support the new race types.

As far as this sites readiness for BfA.. we will just have to wait and see.. as I am no longer involved at all with that..(it has been mostly Metalbeast's coding anyway since he owns the site.)

In regards to Classic WoW... well I have almost all the CensusPlus versions so we are ready to go.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Ok maybe not.. I expect that we will need to create a new database tree for that version. It all depends on how Blizzard rolls out the Classic version, will it be integrated into the standard client or exist as a totally separate client?... as J. Allen Brack said.. he was nervous about how to implement classic in their current environment.

If separate then we will probably will see CensusPlus and CensusPlus(?Classic?)(?ice_cream?)

If integrated then CensusPlus will probably get code to determine which server type is active and then branch to the appropriate code tree.

I don't see (at this time) having both server types being treated as a single merged data file.

If having the two server types works well for Blizzard then I could see them somewhere down the road having each expansion pack live on different servers types. Not that I expect that ... the cost to support all the various expansions at the same time probably can't be recovered by increased revenue.. and they are in the business of making megabucks per month.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,441,957
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, current info on race/class combinations: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-races

Alliance:
Lightforged Draenei: Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Warrior
Void Elf: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
Dark Iron Dwarf: Unknown

Horde:
Highmountain Tauren: Druid, Hunter, Monk, Shaman, Warrior
Nightborne: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
Zandalari Troll: Unknown

Tonight's Q&A said every acount gets 6 more character slots to allow for all these new races Shocked So expect an influx of new characters with 8.0 and especially with the expansion (not confirmed if new races are released with 8.0 or expansion release)

By the lack of detailed info on most systems, I think there's no way they're as far into development as they were on Legion when that was covered at Blizzcon 2 years ago so I'd guess it's not going to be till autumn 2018 or later, plenty of time.

Classic is likely to be even longer, who knows though, info on that is basically nil except it's happening! I love the idea of seeing multiple expansions available, but yeah, costs and splitting what's going to be a niche community to begin with makes it unlikely. For all I love the idea of classic and will play it, the naysayers who say most people who try it won't stay are quite right; it's a huge contrast to modern day WoW and won't suit everyone - I'm just convinced there's still a large enough core interest for it to work out ok Smile At least you won't have much database size problems with classic, just prune the below lvl 10s regularly Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: