WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Navigation from Submission page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hybuir
Gear Dependent Squirrel
Gear Dependent Squirrel

WR Updates: 2,883,877
Hybuir WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Navigation from Submission page Reply with quote

Heya...

Just noticed something, if you go to the submission page, the navigation links don't work. Even after submitting the only way to get back to the main page is the link at the upper left hand corner to the WCR url.

-Hyb
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,186,395
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Metalbeast has apparently shut off all navigation except from the home page.

I am not sure if this is intended or not.
I will ask him on Monday.

EDIT: I take back what I said... I have been seeing random Navbar issues on all the pages..
but it seems that we are back to only? the submit upload page.

What is odd is that all the pages should be acting the same, it is suppose to be a common subroutine for all the pages.
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grumble grumble browser cache grumble.

Like I said I'll ask Metalbeast.
I do know he really wants to finish refreshing the look and feel for the site.
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 40,751,329
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like, maybe in addition to, the menu navigation issue that there is a problem with sorting on the server submission page:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/server_submissions.php
clicking any of the column labels results in a "Page Missing Error 404."

Whereas the realm stats pages:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php
sort as advertised on all column header links.
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not be happening.. and doesn't happen for me.
Just checked (Firefox, IE, & chrome)

I did do some clean up for that page back on the 12th.
You may have caught the page while I was working on it and still have it in browser cache.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,621,661
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Page Missing Error 404
I'm sorry, the page you are looking for has moved or has been deleted.
Please use the navigation menu to easily locate what your looking for.

The page you were trying to reach is /server_submissionstest.php?s=c

Been getting this for several days now, doesn't seem to be a cache thing as I cleared my cache yesterday, but it's still happening.

Edit: Actually, the quote explains the problem, note the URL - US realm columns have the correct one which is likely why you're not seeing the error, EU ones go to server_submissionstest.php... Wink
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh.. that is part of what I was cleaning...

that is the 2nd time I forgot the US and EU sides had different code spots in that file.

fixed
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed indeed, thanks! Smile Not surprised you missed it, I see both sides do the same thing, so it'll be more natural to you to use the US side; for me it's more natural to use the EU side since I tend to just blank out the US side of the page as irrelevant to me Wink

Getting those php errors when posting again btw, something about required to use something or other about timezones? Didn't manage to copy+paste in time before it redirected!
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last couple of weeks I have been seriously setting up to handle development of the back end side.
Using my notebook as full webserver/db backend.. obviously I can't (and don't care to) handle the massive character data.. I can just use a few of my own uploads to populate a test set.

I am trying to figure out what is needed to get the Guild situation fixed.
I thought I would start by getting both Pandaren factions handled correctly in the Census pages.
I will not be surprised to see Blizzard adding another dual faction race, we need to be able to correctly handle that on the site.
Currently if you only look at a single faction.. the data is correct, but the labels and picture are note valid.

sigh.. after so many years... the code is UGLY..
I spent a whole day trying to figure out code that sets up most of the web pages and the Navigation bar... only to find out that what I was looking at had been bypassed.. but never removed.

Metalbeast has plans to get the web side up to the modern html5 standards, which will help a lot.
I'm looking at what we need on the php and db side.. some of the program calls are being retired as the system software goes through normal update cycles.

We have already cleared out the old obsolete Battleground code.. considering Blizzard no longer supplies that data.
May be some day Battleground/PVP/Arena stuff might come back to this site... but don't hold your breath.

Did you know Rollie had been working on data import for AH activity? or Armory data tracking?
Blizzard changed API access on that kind of stuff.. and made all of his work obsolete.
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh... the more I look at this code, the more I discover I never knew, or forgot.

It took me more then a week to finally get my development site to process uploads.
And it only happened after I realized that characterset handling wasn't doing what I thought was the required standard handling.
Need to remember my play environment is very different from the live site. [Different Op-sys, not identical versioning for web, php & db engines]
So I am hacking and slashing to make the site code work here.

Too be honest I haven't a clue how Metalbeast tamed this sucker to handle the extended Latin aka European alphabets.
And I can fully understand why Rollie said "Nyet" to Cyrillic alphabets.

RE: the Navigation bar.

No one would ever be stupid enough to try to build this site a one single hunk of code for each page displayed.
So each page has the main file pointed to by the link, and that file has some to many included files holding common code modules, write code once use many times.

I have now found 4 different code sections to handle the Nav bar.
The 1st is in a (maybe the) common included module, the 2nd is in the same file and the 1st was bypassed to point to the second. [I didn't catch that right away and boy was I confused!]
The 3rd is in another module that is often included... and {major programming oops} has the same name so order of includes determines which code handles Nav bar.

Last the 4th is Metalbeast's rewrite used in the home page for the site. Since the Nav bars 1,2,3 all have links pointing off to dead zones.. # 4 will be the standard.. unless Metalbeast changes his mind. Laughing
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often noticed the navbar had (not sure if it still does) different links depending on which page you were on, some menus had way more entries on one page than another Laughing I'll be very impressed if you manage to tidy this site up, it's fairly clearly evolved and been patched up multiple times over the years, resulting in chaos lol.

Btw if the new homepage is to be the final design, a little adjusting of the menu buttons would be a good thing; in my browser they overlap each other so half of them aren't readable. I had thought this was down to my adblocker* or noscript blocking something that determines page layout, but on disabling everything it still looks a mess, so I guess it's not that after all. In fact it looks worse with adblockers disabled, since you cannot see the background image at all!

I'd personally far rather the site returns to the classic layout, which looks miles better, but if it's going to be the new one, it really needs tidied up, as it must give off a horrible impression to new visitors...

*As a side note, I'm not supposed to see ads: I don't on the rest of the site, just the frontpage, so something in that page doesn't allow for the code Rollie put in to remove ads for donors. Admittedly my donation the best part of 10 years ago might have run out by of credit now... Wink
Balgair
Araiceil

Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, and finally managed to get a copy of the forum error message: http://imgur.com/iNtpc9W.jpg (linking rather than embedding to save everyone's page widths!) - seems the timezone's not set right or something Wink
bringoutyourdead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: adverts...
the site code has tons of advertizement sources... Rollie never removed any when they went bad.. just blocked them.

Metalbeast only uses Google based ads.

and oh.. when we paid Rollie to help him.. that money was used...
No one marked as a past sponsor is treated any differently then any other user...
just the way it is.. but to be honest.
While I did send money to Rollie.. I don't expect Metalbeast to be obligated.
[and to be brutal... as long as the advertisers won't accept responsibility for malware.. I won't allow any ads to pass my blocks.]

re: the messages.. I had mentioned that Warning messages should be ignored.

But they will be going away in a few days.. as I finish verifying which files in the directories are still active.
Then either Metalbeast or I will modify the error display code back to normal production mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: