WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Any interest in AFK warning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,184,629
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Any interest in AFK warning? Reply with quote

I often have WoW and CensusPlus running in background.
If I get too involved in what I am working on I can get AFK timeout disconnected.

Would you use an option to send an audio signal if you go AFK during a census run?

(It would probably trigger on each queue update.. so could be quite annoying when enabled!.. but isn't that the idea of an audio signal?)
FuxieDK
Census Taker

WR Updates: 4,420,719
FuxieDK WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I have no use for such an option, so IF it's implemented, it must be possible to disable it..
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,548,933
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be any use to me since I have sound in background disabled (nothing more annoying than having to listen to a trainset while you're trying to read something while tabbed out Wink), I don't think addons can override that option? Can see the value for people who don't disable it though, I get AFK'ed out often enough on the bigger servers!
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 9,184,629
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't disable auto AFK.. that is Blizzard controlled

But the audio alert would be enabled/disabled by a checkbox item in CensusPlus options..
I looked at other addons that were specific for AFK tracking.. and none of them were what I wanted.
The only one that had sound went about it very poorly... though it might be because the API at the time didn't allow the simple check as it does now.
Balgair
Araiceil

WR Updates: 12,548,933
Balgair WR Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was meaning if addons could override/disable me having background sound disabled - since, if it can't override that setting, I'd never hear it Smile Wouldn't imagine it's possible, since it's a system setting anyway!
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 40,372,697
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest in the option for me. Sound is usually muted while doing just census anyway.
piratejenny
Census Taker

WR Updates: 4,240,702
piratejenny WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be interested in that. I tend towards smaller servers, but on bigger ones I get booted out often if I don't remember to check on it.

Side note: if I get kicked out, and the census didn't finish, obviously the update won't be complete, but will it still be recorded? Something I have always wondered.
Padanfain
Updater Extraordinaire

WR Updates: 40,372,697
Padanfain WR Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the characters censused up to that point will be saved but no it will not count as a complete server update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: