WarcraftReamls.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
probably not a bug - realm submission counts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringoutyourdead
Forums Admin & general flunky

WR Updates: 7,118,468
bringoutyourdead WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: probably not a bug - realm submission counts Reply with quote

I have been looking at the server submission page http://www.warcraftrealms.com/server_submissions.php

For the last few months I have been submitting daily updates on between 30 to 50 realm/faction combos. But I never see the counts on those realm/factions go above 10-15. The core 30 realm/factions I have been running census on should be up closer to 20-25 or higher.

Just what triggers the count increase on this page for a realm/faction?

It is possible I've added a bug to the addon that might be incorrectly marking update counts for the site.

edit: I rechecked past forum entries.. see that each census run should be tracked as one submission.. but that doesn't appear to be happening.

I also see Rollie had past problems with this area.

edit 2: unfortunately we have no control on how Blizzard writes data out to disk when the active character exits the realm.
The data that should be triggering the counter is stored in the "TimesPlus" which is written out in some unknown random order apparently.

Doing a purge or serverprune deletes the census data, but does not delete the TimesPlus table so a player can ruthlessly cut back his database using the options available in game and yet still have a large and growing file. The only way to actually cut back to zero is to delete the censusplus.lua file that contains the data. I did that just before the beginning of the month so I don't have a 30 period of data to look at locally.

When not just smashing my way through realm census runs (1 run then change realm/faction), I have my census timer set to 600 seconds and I do have some census runs that finish within the 15 minute file criteria that Rollie had in place for submissions.. I wonder if that might be a problem for my submissions?

Last edited by bringoutyourdead on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
1974ER
Epic Censi

WR Updates: 24,083,381
1974ER WR Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you wait until the queue finally manages to reach current date, which will apparently still take some time. At a quick glanze, I would say several realms I census show slightly too low figures as well. And if my calculations are correct, the values are off by about 6 to 8 days, which is fairly consistent with the current queue backlog, which is currently:

Last processed file was uploaded on 2013-04-11 04:12:08.
Current server time is 2013-04-17 12:10:29

About 6 days, 8 hours. Add to that the few file processing failures and I would say my figures are pretty much what one could expect after accounting for those factors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WarcraftRealms.com Forum Index -> WarcraftRealms.com Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: