Select Language

The Unannounced October Contest

Rollie

 
So unofficially announced, I was secretly planning on running a contest through the month of October much like the one I did in September. However, since it was unannounced, the prizes are not going to be quite as nice as an iPod!

That being said, I have tabulated and distributed tickets based on the same methods as posted for the September contest. You got 1 ticket per 1000 character updates your submissions enacted.

Tickets have been assigned and you can view your numbers on your My Characters link. I will be doing the drawing tonight.

The gifts this month will be 3 60 day game cards for World of Warcraft. I plan to have them shipped directly from Amazon.com or some other online retailer if winners are not in the US or Canada.

I hope to give away SOMETHING each month in this same fashion. Big prizes will be announced beforehand, but just because there isn't something mentioned, doesn't mean that there might not be a contest that month, so be sure to keep the submissions coming!

EDIT: And the results are in! Winning tickets are :

4460
6224
3223


Be sure to check your assigned tickets to see if you've won! You can find your ticket numbers on your Character List link.


EDIT: Nov 7 - Well, none of the first batch of ticket holders contacted me by the deadline so I have redrawn numbers, here are the new numbers:

2506
6787 -- CLAIMED!! -- Eyeball-Dragonmaw -- Congrats!
4028 -- CLAIMED!! -- Torfi --


EDIT: Nov 12 - 1 ticket still unclaimed so a new roll has taken place! Here is the winning ticket number:

3576 -- CLAIMED!! -- Schmaddi --

The owner of this ticket has until Wednesday, Nov 16, 11:59 PM CST to email me at rollie@warcraftrealms.com to claim your prize!
Hybuir says:
November 2,2005 at 12:29
What time tonight?(EST/CST)

:anxiously awaits:
xpolockx says:
November 2,2005 at 13:23
ah, we underestimated the sneaky-sneakiness :wink:
Zimeron says:
November 2,2005 at 15:28
Wooo 58 tickets!
Hybuir says:
November 2,2005 at 16:34
46 for me. I'm busting out my lucky shorts tonight :P
Rollie says:
November 2,2005 at 22:21
Winning ticket numbers posted to the top of the thread. I'm going to do the winners a bit differently this time. If the holders of the winning tickets to not contact me via email or post by November 6, 2005 11:59 PM CST, I will redraw numbers.

Winning tickets are

4460
6224
3223

[img:312a2f17d4]http://www.warcraftrealms.com/images/oct-contest-roll-1.jpg[/img:312a2f17d4]
Zimeron says:
November 2,2005 at 23:20
Dang 6242 So close! They were 6458 tickets out? As i had a .9% chance to win then lol!
Sianni says:
November 2,2005 at 23:28
Grats to the winners!!
Rollie says:
November 2,2005 at 23:51
[quote:b583e281e7="Zimeron"]Dang 6242 So close! They were 6458 tickets out? As i had a .9% chance to win then lol![/quote:b583e281e7]

6459 tickets =)
Balgair says:
November 2,2005 at 23:57
Nowhere near on any of the 3... ah well, better luck next time :) Grats to the winners!
Skyfire says:
November 3,2005 at 0:40
Damn, 3108 and 3412 >_< so close...
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 3,2005 at 2:44
It's not me......
xpolockx says:
November 3,2005 at 4:47
not me either, haha 8)
Hybuir says:
November 3,2005 at 6:13
A miss on my tickets :evil:
Zimeron says:
November 3,2005 at 7:42
So if they dont' claim them.. then Me eyeball and hybuir win right ;)
Diinen says:
November 3,2005 at 8:20
How do you get tickets? I am still new to this.
NiennaMiriel says:
November 3,2005 at 8:25
[quote:0d0ed5105e="Rollie"]That being said, I have tabulated and distributed tickets based on the same methods as posted for the September contest. You got 1 ticket per 1000 character updates your submissions enacted. [/quote:0d0ed5105e]
commando010 says:
November 3,2005 at 8:27
Chances of you winning as follows:

x=# of tickets you have

((x/6459)+(x/6458)+(x/6457))*100

so for me with 28 tickets

((28/6459)+(28/6458)+(28/6457))*100=1.3%

even though i have .43% of the tickets, there are 3 drawings
Hybuir says:
November 3,2005 at 9:42
[quote:90599dcae2="Zimeron"]So if they dont' claim them.. then Me eyeball and hybuir win right ;)[/quote:90599dcae2]

And how! :P. I had 2.136885% chance. W00t! :wink:
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 3,2005 at 10:41
With 126 tickets I had a 5.85% chance of winning, or a 94.15% chance of not winning :)
BWDemor says:
November 3,2005 at 12:4
Trying to figure this out also...

When looking at My Characters page, the bottom box called "October Contest Ticket Numbers", this is what I should be looking at? It has a list of numbes followed by the Ticket number?

Thanks
BW
NiennaMiriel says:
November 3,2005 at 12:17
[quote:afe6a8d03b="BWDemor"]Trying to figure this out also...

When looking at My Characters page, the bottom box called "October Contest Ticket Numbers", this is what I should be looking at? It has a list of numbes followed by the Ticket number?

Thanks
BW[/quote:afe6a8d03b]

Yes, that's exactly what you should be looking at.

I have a "Tickets" box, but no ticket numbers, since I signed up November 1.. :(
Eielia says:
November 3,2005 at 13:53
2 tickets >.<
commando010 says:
November 3,2005 at 16:45
Can the same person win 2 or even all 3 prizes?
Rollie says:
November 3,2005 at 17:41
Good question, and I'll have to say no ;p

I will need to think of what is allowable in terms of how often you should be allowed to win.
BWDemor says:
November 3,2005 at 18:13
[quote:e7398c999f="NiennaMiriel"]Yes, that's exactly what you should be looking at.

I have a "Tickets" box, but no ticket numbers, since I signed up November 1.. :([/quote:e7398c999f]

Thanks, then I wasn't lossing my mind.

Good luck Rollie on decieding what to do with that.

BW
Zimeron says:
November 3,2005 at 19:50
I had a little more then 3%.
Hybuir says:
November 4,2005 at 16:24
I wonder if they've claimed the prizes yet. a little less than 3 days left :)
Rollie says:
November 4,2005 at 17:21
Nope, nobody has claimed, hehe
Skyfire says:
November 4,2005 at 17:27
Does that mean new tickets, or does that mean you dont have to shell out 100 some dollars in play time? :P
Ceto says:
November 4,2005 at 18:12
[quote:df09868db2="Skyfire"]Does that mean new tickets, or does that mean you dont have to shell out 100 some dollars in play time? :P[/quote:df09868db2]
I hope for the former. =)~
Rollie says:
November 4,2005 at 18:15
It means I'll redraw numbers Sunday night or sometime Monday.
H0BBES says:
November 5,2005 at 5:18
Ya Im so lost as to how all this works :?:
NiennaMiriel says:
November 5,2005 at 9:28
Since you joined in November, you don't have to worry about the October contest.

Are you confused about other things? or just the contest?
chupes says:
November 7,2005 at 9:19
It's monday.
Did the winners reclaim or were tickets re-drawn?
Rollie says:
November 7,2005 at 9:47
Yup, it's Monday, and nope, nobody claimed their tickets! So here are the new rolls:

[img:640be7164c]http://www.warcraftrealms.com/images/oct-contest-roll-2.jpg[/img:640be7164c]

2506
6787
4028

These ticket holders must contact me by Friday, November 11, 2005, 11:59 PM CST or I will do another reroll for the non-claimed tickets on Saturday!
Hybuir says:
November 7,2005 at 9:57
Miss Miss Miss! :evil:
commando010 says:
November 7,2005 at 10:3
gah 3 off
Ceto says:
November 7,2005 at 10:9
I fail again!
Balgair says:
November 7,2005 at 10:26
6777 but not 6787 lol :)
NiennaMiriel says:
November 7,2005 at 10:27
Am I the only one who's seeing the HTML instead of the result in the first post by Rollie?

When I try to quote it, it parses the HTML though. Weird.

Anyway. I'm just waiting anxiously to see what you do with Novembers submissions, since I missed out on October. :(
Ceto says:
November 7,2005 at 11:51
[quote:4430cf4363="NiennaMiriel"]Am I the only one who's seeing the HTML instead of the result in the first post by Rollie?[/quote:4430cf4363]
You're right, the updated post isn't parsing the HTML, it's just displaying it. Rollie must have checked "Disable HTML" at some point.
NiennaMiriel says:
November 7,2005 at 12:6
[quote:357a316e12="Ceto"]You're right, the updated post isn't parsing the HTML, it's just displaying it. Rollie must have checked "Disable HTML" at some point.[/quote:357a316e12]

Silly Rollie. ;)
Rollie says:
November 7,2005 at 12:14
Ya ya, it's fixed now ;p
NiennaMiriel says:
November 7,2005 at 12:42
Are there really that many people who upload data who don't pay attention to the site? Wonder if you're going to have to roll even more tickets?
erypmav says:
November 7,2005 at 13:9
I pay attention. I think they upload with UniUpload and dont come to the site at all.
Vek says:
November 7,2005 at 13:13
....This is very confusing for my puny 17-year-old mind. =(
NiennaMiriel says:
November 7,2005 at 15:57
[quote:8d486a8291="erypmav"]I pay attention. I think they upload with UniUpload and dont come to the site at all.[/quote:8d486a8291]

They lose out on all the fun stuff not coming to the site. No character profiles, no forum, no contests. Oh well. More for me.
BWDemor says:
November 7,2005 at 16:32
3 Misses for me too... guess I will wait for the next roll.

BW
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 7,2005 at 17:21
I won on the second round of numbers :)


I didn't even realize a second set had been drawn already.


/happy dance
NiennaMiriel says:
November 7,2005 at 18:33
[quote:2246626ff2="Eyeball-Dragonmaw"]I won on the second round of numbers :)[/quote:2246626ff2]

Grats.

I'm still quite amused by Rollie's "Have you checked your tickets?" comment.
Lambro12 says:
November 7,2005 at 21:23
Hey! 2nd Place is good Too.
"Many Rewards come to us in forms you can not see or touch" :?
Skyfire says:
November 7,2005 at 22:44
So close...

26 numbers away >_<
Rollie says:
November 7,2005 at 22:59
[quote:c4ce740443="NiennaMiriel"][quote:c4ce740443="Eyeball-Dragonmaw"]I won on the second round of numbers :)[/quote:c4ce740443]

Grats.

I'm still quite amused by Rollie's "Have you checked your tickets?" comment.[/quote:c4ce740443]

Yeah, I was getting a good chuckle out of that. Here he was complaining about his ticket distribution when he was holding one of the winning tickets =x
Zimeron says:
November 8,2005 at 0:43
Congrats Eyeball, the one with the best odds does win ;) Now i got some later odds, so still 2 golden tickets left in those chocolate bars kids ;)
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 8,2005 at 3:32
[quote:533ce5c854="Rollie"][quote:533ce5c854="NiennaMiriel"][quote:533ce5c854="Eyeball-Dragonmaw"]I won on the second round of numbers :)[/quote:533ce5c854]

Grats.

I'm still quite amused by Rollie's "Have you checked your tickets?" comment.[/quote:533ce5c854]

Yeah, I was getting a good chuckle out of that. Here he was complaining about his ticket distribution when he was holding one of the winning tickets =x[/quote:533ce5c854]

Yeah I felt like a horse's @## after that.
Hybuir says:
November 9,2005 at 16:32
Now I'm just waiting for Monday to roll around. :giddy:
Torfi says:
November 10,2005 at 1:27
Zomg! I won!!!!

Ticket #4028

WHo do I contact to claim? :)
NiennaMiriel says:
November 10,2005 at 8:19
[quote:0d051ceca3="Torfi"]Zomg! I won!!!!

Ticket #4028

WHo do I contact to claim? :)[/quote:0d051ceca3]

You kind of did. ;)

Rollie will see this, and let you know what to do.

Grats.
Rollie says:
November 10,2005 at 9:0
Torfi -

Congrats =) Email me rollie@warcraftrealms.com with all your contact info. Name, addr, phone, so I can get the game card shipped out to you =)
Zimeron says:
November 10,2005 at 15:21
So what about the last ticket? How long do they have to claim it?
Rollie says:
November 10,2005 at 15:55
Tomorrow midnight
Zimeron says:
November 10,2005 at 23:24
Sweet one last chance to win lol! Heres hoping, and also since there has been no annoucemnt for a november contest, i assume it will be along the same lines as the october one was?
Skyfire says:
November 11,2005 at 3:36
Zim, go away.

I'm winning this one :)
Rollie says:
November 11,2005 at 9:40
[quote:96a7a90c8b="Zimeron"]Sweet one last chance to win lol! Heres hoping, and also since there has been no annoucemnt for a november contest, i assume it will be along the same lines as the october one was?[/quote:96a7a90c8b]


maaaybee

:lol:
Zimeron says:
November 11,2005 at 15:27
Not quite skyfire ;)
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 11,2005 at 15:51
I know someone mentioned that someone can't win 2 prizes within the same month. I totally understand that, but I think someone mentioned about not winning two months in a row or a limit to the times we win. It is purely random, and if you disqualify someone from winning a certain month than it could effect alot of updates. So personally I think you should be elgible to win every month regardless of how many times you won.
Zimeron says:
November 11,2005 at 17:26
I'd agree that you should be able to win over and over again, but if you win 3 times in a row, take a month off lol, but only once a month stil.
NiennaMiriel says:
November 11,2005 at 19:39
[quote:6c375fd31c="Eyeball-Dragonmaw"]I know someone mentioned that someone can't win 2 prizes within the same month. I totally understand that, but I think someone mentioned about not winning two months in a row or a limit to the times we win. It is purely random, and if you disqualify someone from winning a certain month than it could effect alot of updates. So personally I think you should be elgible to win every month regardless of how many times you won.[/quote:6c375fd31c]

It's like the radio stations. It's pure luck if you are the right caller. That shouldn't keep you from being eligible again later. You might win 3 times in a month, but then you will never win again. lol
Rollie says:
November 12,2005 at 12:5
Actually radio stations around here only allow you to win once in a 90 day period.

I'm still thinking it over about allowing multiple wins month to month. Until I say otherwise, we'll just say you can only win once per month, but you are not restricted beyond that.
Rollie says:
November 12,2005 at 12:43
New ticket number drawn:

3576

Has until Wednesday, Nov 16 11:59 PM CST to contact me to claim the last remaining game card!
NiennaMiriel says:
November 12,2005 at 14:48
[quote:89961233c7="Rollie"]Actually radio stations around here only allow you to win once in a 90 day period.

I'm still thinking it over about allowing multiple wins month to month. Until I say otherwise, we'll just say you can only win once per month, but you are not restricted beyond that.[/quote:89961233c7]

I was totally complaining about the radio station, not on you imposing any kind of restriction. ;)

Our radio stations have a 30 day limit.
Zimeron says:
November 12,2005 at 16:26
Ours is like 90 days, and i've lost again :(
Hybuir says:
November 13,2005 at 8:52
Miss again.
Eyeball-Dragonmaw says:
November 15,2005 at 3:24
My gamecard prize showed up yesterday :) :) :)


thanks again Rollie....
Hybuir says:
November 15,2005 at 9:5
C'mon Wednesday. I still feel lucky :lol:
Rollie says:
November 15,2005 at 19:8
Congrats to Schmaddi who holds the final winning ticket number (3576)!

He emailed me today to claim his prize!

Congrats to all the winners of the October drawings!
Hybuir says:
November 15,2005 at 22:8
NOOO! oh well congrats Schmaddi 8)
Zimeron says:
November 15,2005 at 23:1
Dang. On to November!
Sianni says:
November 16,2005 at 1:35
Congrats to the winners!!
Darkson says:
November 16,2005 at 17:23
[quote:104167ba16="Eyeball-Dragonmaw"]With 126 tickets I had a 5.85% chance of winning, or a 94.15% chance of not winning :)[/quote:104167ba16]Lol

Leave a Reply

You must be Logged In in order to post comments.


 
Advertise Here!