CensusPlus 1.2 released!January 19,2005 19:23 - Rollie
I have finished up work and testing on version 1.2 of the CensusPlus UI mod. Here is a list of changes:
- Fixed a bug with a current census that is paused becoming unpaused when you close certain windows.
- Added a /censusverbose command that will toggle the CensusPlus messages on/off.
- Modified the way a census is taken. Instead of the divide and conquer style used that started a census
with 1-60 and going from there, it will now start in 5 level increments and divide if necessary.
- Added guild support. The mod will now capture guild data when viewed on the guild panel. This data
is used to provide more comprehensive data on the site and is available through the guild exports.
- Added a tracking feature that will allow tracking of the number of characters seen during a census.
This data is displayed on the Activity Page
- We are also now included in the Cosmos UI deployment system
- Site related: Updated the way the site handles foreign languages and character sets. It should now
handle UTF-8 compliant character sets correctly. If you find any incorrect character names or guild names, please let me know!
- Site related: Am now tracking data on characters under level 10, but you will only be able to view
under level 10 characters on the character history and guild info pages. Under 10 info is not included
in the main Census Display, the Quick Stats, or the Realm Stats pages.
- Site related: Added in realm information and guild exports. Info can be found on the
Data Export page.
- Added a Most Wanted page showing the realms
that have not been updated in the longest amount of time.
Of course, you can find more info on the CensusPlus page
One of the major additions is the tracking of counts when you take a census. Lets say for example you take a census at 6:15PM GAME TIME for your realm. Let's say you track 785 characters. This will be saved off and added to the database when you upload your data. This information will then be displayed on the activity page:
Please note that this info is only saved per session. The next time you log into the game, it will delete all of your previous time counts. This is to prevent people from submitting the same counts over and over if they happened to get an off time tracking that they never update.
It will take a while for data to come in across realms so be patient. Once the figures start coming in, it should give a decent indicator of on average how many players are currently throughout the day.
So hop over to the CensusPlus
page and grab the latest version!
We will soon be included in the Cosmos UI distribution system too so that will be a boon for Cosmos users!